MBA Easy Flash Tool: RIPPED OFF

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 1 month ago #2744 by modemer

thaGH05T wrote: Well, unless any of you has a logic analyzer or a oscilloscope I think just looking at the files is all I have at the moment.

I think this is great idea. I was thinking; "If you can see the mods that said tool is making, and use your toolset/skillset to do the same thing to a stock efi dump, no need to reverse engineer anything." And then I read your idea and HAD to reply :-P .. I love how your mind works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2749 by thaGH05T
Ha thanks, I just hope I am able to get an oscope soon. This will advance research quite a bit.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5808 by SomeGuy
How do you think KadenTech is being able to turn off and on the use of his device. Such as when you use it must purchase licenses before hand how does he control that? I would think it could be reversed engineered and do you believe he is a engineer. It seems he must know something that no one else is finding because his device is able to almost instantly delete the efi pw. I think it somehow locates the location of where the pw lives and deletes just that section.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by SomeGuy. Reason: typo

More
7 years 4 months ago #5814 by reverendalc
what his tool does and what the efidL does is very similar.

the efidL could be faster, but a slower speed is safer. with raspberry pi and spispeed=8000, i can dump/write whole efi in 15 seconds

i used to install clear paint protection film on automobiles with the invisiblepatters setup. you would buy a roll of film, and it was accompanied by a "cut code" which you would enter into the software, and it would allow the software to cut the amount of film you purchased.

it could certainly be reverse engineered, like a key gen for shareware, but KT would still be selling equipment and just not unlock codes.

that whole pay-to-play mentality is certainly entrepreneurial, and while that's not a bad thing... that's not our thing. ROI is all we need.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5833 by SomeGuy
I just haven't seen anything like what he has and I am curious again how he can make it where it cant be used like he makes you buy licenses I am curious how the tool doesn't work if you don't purchase them. There has to be a way of reverse engineering that and then his tool would work instantly everytime in 10 secs

More
7 years 4 months ago #5838 by reverendalc
i'm not sure what the license delivery method is, as i've never used a kadentech unlock tool... but like i said, it's a simple shareware principle:
the tool will operate when it's instructed to do so, and it's only instructed to do so when licenses are present.

it could be reverse engineered, but rather than hack his tool...

make our own.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5853 by SomeGuy
Oh I see now they have a EFIDL Tool on here that will remove exact location of pw without reading efi and putting it in clean dump etc.. ??? I didn't see that before I already spent $160 on tools used to read efi for all mac's like air and pro and some other tools came with it but I guess ill buy the EFIDL so that ill be able to do it the easier way if possible and use my other tools on other eeproms

More
7 years 3 months ago #5854 by reverendalc
You can't have too much kit!

I have tons of equipment. I'll start with the easiest route and escalate if necessary

More
7 years 3 months ago #5855 by SomeGuy
Thanks I have never done this before reading the efi on apple stuff but I did successfully erase eeprom passwords on ibms but the tool just attaches to the chip and then erases it or shows the pw etc. I want to buy this tool if it will auto unlock the macs for me I bought several MBA & MBP and can get good deals on them . Where can I buy this tool

More
7 years 3 months ago #5857 by reverendalc
Watch the the store here.

They sell out rapidly

More
5 years 7 months ago #10314 by macpanter
Hello friends,

I found (a 28 pin chip) with a program that I want to copy at all costs.
My man has erased the mark (model)!
How to purge to know which chip it is?

Movieman.be

Who's Online

We have 835 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies