a1502 emc2835 MX25L6473EZNI chip not found

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 months ago #6149 by mrcesco
Hi everyone, this is my first post.
I spent hours and hourse trying to remove EFI Password following the guide ghostlyhaks.com/blog/apple-efi/18-how-to-hack-apple-efi-2 scrupulously and reading many posts on the forum, but the result is always:
No EEPROM/flash device found.
So it's time to ask HELP :D

My setup:
Raspberry pi 2 model b v1.1
Macbook pro a1502 emc2835
chip MX25L6473EZNI

I have no idea on what could be the problem and i'm very very very nooooob on microelectronics but skilled on softwares.
If you need pictures of the setup (raspberry, board, wires, clip etc.) just ask and i'll provide it as soon as possibile..

Thank you guys!!!
More
7 years 3 months ago #6150 by reverendalc
lets start with a picture of your wires at the pi, and a picture of your wires at the adapter
More
7 years 3 months ago #6159 by mrcesco
Attachments:
More
7 years 3 months ago #6181 by reverendalc
your pictures are dark and the wires are difficult to follow. please check your raspberry pi against this diagram:

and please ensure the wires mate to the pomona clip as designated in this photo (note the orientation dot):

please report back!
Attachments:
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #6182 by reverendalc
also please use a DMM to make sure that all of your 3v3 wires are properly joined.

have you followed the blog on setting up your raspberry pi?

there's an SPI self-test you can commit.
additionally, i would recommend buying a genuine pomona 5250 clip as those knockoffs are prone to failure
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by reverendalc.
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #6185 by mrcesco
Hello, the position of the wires seems to be good but i have to test them with a DMM.
Also the SPI should be properly enabled but i'm going to search this "self-test" to try.
For the clip i think that will be the last purchase i'll do...
I'll get you back soon about all, Thank you.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by mrcesco.
More
7 years 3 months ago #6186 by reverendalc
test resistance between the GPIO at the raspberry pi and the teeth of the test clip.
More
7 years 3 months ago #6210 by mrcesco

reverendalc wrote: test resistance between the GPIO at the raspberry pi and the teeth of the test clip.

Following this thread www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/apple-efi/720-no-eeprom-flash-device-found#5704 i tried to test the continuity with a DMM.

1° test on the board:
Placing the "black" probe lead on the 4th pin and the "red" probe lead on the 8th pin the value on the dmm changed from 1 to .004

2° test with the clip:
I connected the clip to the chip and then i placed the probes lead on the wires which correspond to the 4th and 8th pins but the value on the dmm didn't change.
So i presume the clip is not working.

Does what i said make sense? Thank you!!!
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6738 by Doni
keep on try in any power state, and try to press the power button for two second but dont let the mac power on, close the lid, i have the same model as you, and just sucesfully flashing last night.

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies