Thinkpad Y260 with POWER ON PASSWORD

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 8 months ago #7332 by mobile_surgeons
Hello everyone, Does anyone have how i can remove the power on password on a Lenovo Thinkpad y260? I have managed to read the info from the "W25Q128FV" SOIC8 chip but I can't figure out how to decrypt it. Is anyone familiar with this? I have attached a copy of the dump. Thanks for the help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #7372 by mobile_surgeons

mobile_surgeons wrote: Hello everyone, Does anyone have how i can remove the power on password on a Lenovo Thinkpad y260? I have managed to read the info from the "W25Q128FV" SOIC8 chip but I can't figure out how to decrypt it. Is anyone familiar with this? I have attached a copy of the dump. Thanks for the help

can anyone give me a hand with this? Im willing to pay someone to help me remove the password.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #8463 by KingBonecrusher
Hi!

The password is not stored in the eeprom. But you can remove the SVP Check. That means just remove SVPManagerDXE and SVPManagerSSM from the bios and the password will not be asked again BUT comes back after bios update!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by KingBonecrusher.

More
6 years 5 months ago #8538 by TheCGTeam
password stored on TPM chip, not eeprom

• vnn567
  • Haxor Elite
  • Haxor Elite
  • Be Contact Me When You Need To Unlock or Remove Password.My Skype : haisung4344
More
6 years 5 months ago #8589 by vnn567

mobile_surgeons wrote: Hello everyone, Does anyone have how i can remove the power on password on a Lenovo Thinkpad y260? I have managed to read the info from the "W25Q128FV" SOIC8 chip but I can't figure out how to decrypt it. Is anyone familiar with this? I have attached a copy of the dump. Thanks for the help

i can remove it , Let contact me

Be Contact Me When You Need To Unlock or Remove Password.My Skype : haisung4344

Who's Online

We have 469 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies