Tutorial for brute-forcing modern Macs

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4740 by reverendalc
correct... i haven't studied in-depth, but i have determined:

the MacBook is capable of sending location information in the presence of wifi networks which are neither known nor trusted.

i have tested it several times at my home, iCloud locking random MacBooks and booting them to the iCloud lock screen. they always appear on FMM, even when there is no wifi info stored in NVRAM.

i'm not sure if FMM has negotiated with comcast, or even all wifi routers to transmit location services w/o AP connection...

one of these is the culprit

SIDE NOTE: no network security for your printer? it has taken EVERY ounce of my discipline to NOT print a 600dpi image of my junk...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by reverendalc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6196 by anthonybrown123
Where Do i find a Clean EFI SPI Flash Dump For A1466 2012 model EMC 2559??? Anyone got one for me please
or can i read my efi chip save it and edit it with my hash and serial ???
why i ask because i have been told i need a clean EFI SPI Flash Dump For A1466 2012 model EMC 2559 and not to edit mine. is this true???
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by anthonybrown123.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6197 by CygnusX1

anthonybrown123 wrote: Where Do i find a Clean EFI SPI Flash Dump For A1466 2012 model EMC 2559??? Anyone got one for me please
or can i read my efi chip save it and edit it with my hash and serial ???
why i ask because i have been told i need a clean EFI SPI Flash Dump For A1466 2012 model EMC 2559 and not to edit the mine. is this true???

Look in the repository and download it. ghostlyhaks.com/downloads/efi-repository

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 2 months ago #6198 by anthonybrown123
To use the bin file you will need to open it in a text editor. what text editor do i use thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #6199 by anthonybrown123
this is what ive bought and should be with me next week is this ok to unlock the efi lock
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6200 by reverendalc
that is all pretty much crap. it can be used, and it can work...

but if you don't know what you're doing, do you really want to have to troubleshoot second-rate equipment WHILE you're learning?

More
7 years 2 months ago #6201 by CygnusX1

anthonybrown123 wrote: To use the bin file you will need to open it in a text editor. what text editor do i use thanks

What OS are you using to edit with?

More
7 years 2 months ago #6202 by CygnusX1

reverendalc wrote: that is all pretty much crap. it can be used, and it can work...

but if you don't know what you're doing, do you really want to have to troubleshoot second-rate equipment WHILE you're learning?

I agree with reverendalc. you really should have got a RPI but that will work on some systems.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6203 by reverendalc
seriously.... ANY text editor will do. notepad in windows, textedit in OS X, nano in linux...

More
7 years 2 months ago #6251 by anthonybrown123
hi can you help me please

More
7 years 2 months ago #6252 by anthonybrown123
took the logic bored out and cannot find the bios chip to put my SOIC8 Clip On-Board.
my bored is mabook air a1466 emc 2559 (2002) model
i got everything i need just cannot work out which chip it goes on

More
7 years 2 months ago #6253 by anthonybrown123
anybody got pic of this bored so i can get started please or a google pic of it thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #6256 by SargFowler
The MBA 2012 doesn't have a SOIC flash chip. Its a WSON chip with the solder pads underneath the chip. You won't be able to use your SOIC clip. Either use an adapter sold on this site or solder wires to pads near the chip.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6257 by anthonybrown123
Ok thanks for your help. OK what adaptor would I buy for my model mate and will buy it off here asa. Sorry to bother you just need to get my mac back on track. ☺

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #6812 by LRiley
Ok, question;
Since the Firmware Password Utility (from regular OS X login and Recovery OS X) doesn't have a timeout, how would one modify this code to run through all iterations at top speed but detect when the window goes from "Old Password:" to "New Password:" and stop?
I managed to use a MacBook Air and boot to verbose mode and clear the NVRAM but that damned firmware passcode won't go away and I can't seem to get rEFInd to properly install.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by LRiley.

More
6 years 4 months ago #8959 by ferdeenand
I think we can buy it from here www.pjrc.com/teensy/ ----Can't we?

More
6 years 4 months ago #8960 by ferdeenand
It is fully empty, my friend

Who's Online

We have 518 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies