TO ThaGH05T: Needed for Repository EMC2673 2.7g i7

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 5 months ago #10570 by Daniel_Kifaya
ThaGH05t: GhostlyHacks Forum Help.

Big fan. Been silently working in background a few years now but havent needed to ring until now. 2 things. I have something for your Repo: EMC 2763 Early 13 A1398 15" i7 core 2.7GHz 16g Ram Model info: Serial is C02LC0PMFFT1. I aquired it on Propertyroom as I do many of these units, Among a few others Im facing a challenge are A1466 2015 with a 8x2 header but thats a different days work. As for this EMC2763 I was wondering if in exchange for the bin you could try to look at it / reverse eng it a little. please? the hexd review i put in on it doesnt reflect the serial # for some reason... it appears there is a password efi based on the values between $SVS however this unit DOES allow option key and external boot and doesnt padlock prior to ? Folder if you follow me. However, booting to anything external or internal gets the same issue... Freeze Apple Logo, Infinite Clock ticking indicator.....which stops at around 11 o clock at a point..... If its not interesting enough already.... This is the short version... you probably dont need to bother wit the details below but in the event you have a question, because it may seem odd... see below and youll find some detail to advise...otherwise dont read it all unless youre bored. lifes short and theres probably a bunch of knuckleheads like me seeking your guidance. Whatever help you can offer I will accept and I will do my best to return the favor.

Humble regards
TheDank

I took this unit to a mac"repair guy" official brick/mortar est awhile back as ive had this one for some time and at that time this unit Did in fact have EFI Lock/Padlock and not Icloud lock 4 digit 6 digit issues. The man said he would fix it for a fee and needed the efi chip ordered and he would solder it and clear the password. After pulling my leg for a week or more he called me back in and had a different explanation and now, he couldn't fix it.... He said he didn't solder the chip, he said "I called apple, who then gave up a password and it was entered and unlocked it instead of soldering the chip BUT NOW, ALAS, a new problem - its stuck on the boot logo... he Said there is Bad Memory now and would cost a lot more..... I gave him $100 and flipped him off right after he offered me $300 to salvage scrap it off me. Long story longer, i took it home and read your work and been doing a bunch all this time loading osx unsuccessfully on different media trying to get installed and it working since it is in fact unlocked now.... oddly enough... and it doesn't look like the repair guy messed with the logic board or hardware...

Basically i think that repair guy has done something to the EFI code in an effort to strongarm me off the unit, taking me for a fool, or he possibly messed with the intel ME section of the code as I have read things relating to this issue exactly in that area.... I wish you had a clean dump in the REPO right now to confirm my insanity but Im out of options. After crashing my PI during an upgrade I quit hacking it for a good part of a year.... well i'm back online with it and the PI is up and I dumped this units EFI 3x and MD5 is good all three runs. I don't know what you must gather from all this but save for the back and forth I just unloaded every possible detail up front

This is the kicker to the story.... after all this bull$%!T from this guy, This auction house, among others.... plus hours and days of my own and all your work and my efforts along the way... At some point I loaded a copy of OSX10.9 Mavericks onto a drive and upon setup... I accidentally turned Voiceover assistant on...... but I did it completely unintentionally.... and i installed that drive internally in this unit again unbeknownst that voiceover was on.... and yes, sure it will boot past a efi lock, and get to apple logo, and freeze on the rotating clock symbol at some point yielding nothing GUI but that apple logo.....UNTIL VOICEOVER ASSISTANT TELLS ME THAT I'M LOOKING AT THE DESKTOP AND I'M ON A MENU WITH 9 ITEMS!

Well I went keystroke for keystroke and after toying with the VOA for some time (Hats off to the visually impaired... its literally like shooting in the dark) Well I was able to blindly navigate to the diagnostics pages in system report and I dropped down to memory and the VOA Reported to me Loud and Clear that 16 g of memory is OK!

Shit this is long and you aren't getting paid for this at the moment..... I've been shopping the efidl among other clips you offer... etc... I don't know if this is worth it for you but I have definitely put some in on this one, It might be too much to ask but man, can you help me out for a few min and tell me something i'm missing because I have pulled my hair out over this one and before this unit becomes a paperweight or ends up back in that lame asses office, damned if i can help that, i would really really care to hear what an expert eye has to say about this code, the code between $SVS, the missing SERIAL, and possibly ME issue.....

Because this thing has perfect memory modules, and is now unlocked (regardless of how the repair guy claimed to have unlocked it), and does work perfectly if you don't care to look at the screen from what I can tell (HDMI OUT DOES NOTHING BY THE WAY)! And IF THE MEMORY IS GOOD, and that "repair Guy" says it has bad memory, Then HE is completely full of it and nothing he says is real.... and I have it in me to report his ass to the BBB in honesty but thats for another day as well.

Thats ALL I can think to include, its too much for this objective and more than anyone cares to know but if theres something missed check the body above maybe youll find a detail or something. I hope something positive comes of it either way and I just wanted to say i look up to you dude. Thanks for the info

Regards

File Attachment:

File Name: Early2013E...ctly.zip
File Size:4,680 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #10593 by thaGH05T
First of all, thanks for taking the time to well explain your situation. I cannot tell you how hard it is to help someone when they only say something like "Mac broke, you fix help dump.." ha... Anyways, after reviewing the information and your firmware this is what I found.

Based off the information in your post (EMC in the body is wrong btw):
Your Device -
MacBook Pro
Core i7 2.7GHz
I7-3740QM
15in
ME665LL/A
A1398 (2673)
MacBookPro10,1
Early 2013
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD

Firmware on the Chip -
MacBook Pro
Core i7 2.4GHz
I7-3635QM
15in
ME664LL/A
A1398 (2673)
MacBookPro10,1
Early 2013
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD

...Which is your entire problem. The Dump was pulled from my site and is an exact SHA256 match. The shop seams to also be a fan. He likely knew he had the wrong dump, but it worked OK so he wanted to buy it and flip it when his request was answered. Maybe not though, some people are decent human beings.

Anyways, you are in luck as I am sanitizing all the dumps I have and have gathered with a piece of software i am writing and was able to get you a clean and unlocked bin. I have also added your serial number to the mix so it is ready-to-flash.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2673-15MBP...72.7.zip
File Size:4,937 KB

If this works out for ya, buy me a beer, or better yet, buy a tool and put that slack shop out of business :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 201 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies