HP EliteBook 840 G3 reset bios password

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 7 months ago #11460 by bbking
how can I make the dump?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #11461 by bbking
I cannot log in into the windows on the notebook. It does not boot from usb.

More
4 years 7 months ago #11464 by jacksparrow
You need to have BIOS programmer. In this model, you need desolder bios chip from motherboard.

More
4 years 7 months ago #11472 by bbking
that sounds very complicated to me. what about the smb file thing?

More
4 years 7 months ago #11474 by bbking
Hello Pabla, can you help me with a locked bios on my elitebook 840? I need an smb file.

More
4 years 7 months ago #11479 by jacksparrow
150$ this is cost for unlock with SMC file (USB).

More
4 years 3 months ago #11769 by wombat
Can a ch341a and a clip work on this model? (hp 840 g3) Does it really need to be desoldered ?(perhaps due to voltage differences? I read about the 3.3 and 5v being difficult with this device) Also if I succesfuly obtain a bios image can you help me unlocking and removing the bios password? thank you very much! Also I have a lenovo t480 and a 2010 macbook air which also require unlocking (i know, meh)

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #11789 by drgn997

wombat wrote: Can a ch341a and a clip work on this model? (hp 840 g3) Does it really need to be desoldered ?(perhaps due to voltage differences? I read about the 3.3 and 5v being difficult with this device) Also if I succesfuly obtain a bios image can you help me unlocking and removing the bios password? thank you very much!

I've read BIOS chip from an EliteBook Folio 9470m with a similar setup (programmer+clip) using EZP2010 programmer, CH341A works in a similar way without desoldering, give it a try and see if it works.
CH341A programmer is known to corrupt dumps, so while working with this programmer I always recommend to READ chip and SAVE it 3 times, then compare the 3 files to make sure you have a "good" backup, then you can proceed to unlock.
If you can not get a good backup, you can use FlashROM with the driver that comes with it for CH341A.

wombat wrote: Also I have a lenovo t480 and a 2010 macbook air which also require unlocking (i know, meh)

I can help with the Lenovo ThinkPad T480, first thing is to have a good backup and then we can proceed to patch bios file to unlock ThinkPad.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by drgn997.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wombat

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 1 month ago #11827 by wombat
Finally got around to getting the bios dumps off the Lenovo t480. Hoping you can help me out removing the admin PW / computrace. Still plugging away at the Macbook. Thanks!

*edit* Also I did read the files 3x to ensure I got a good copy, the files were identical , and so I only uploaded one as they were all the same as stated.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by wombat.

More
4 years 1 month ago #11839 by drgn997
wombat
I've checked your ZIP file and it contains 2 files: dump1.bin (1MB) and dump2.bin (16MB).
I've suggested to read BIOS chip 3 times due to CH341A programmer you are using, so do as suggested and once I see all 3 files are exactly the same, then I can proceed to modify your file.
This is very important as in the final step to finish unlock you will be using the Original BIOS, so you have to be 100% sure the dump you have is not corrupted.

NOTE: Just read the 16MB bios chip, the one usually close to uProcessor or memory slots; the other 1MB chip dump is not being used in the unlock process.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #11924 by wombat
OK here are the three original dumps from the 16mb chip, the larger of the two, on my lenovo t480 with computrace enabled (and bios pw set) , would like to remove both.
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by wombat. Reason: missed attachments

More
4 years 1 day ago #11930 by Hottee
Hello please can someone help me to unlock my bios on the 840 g3 when I create a bios dump

More
3 years 3 months ago #12386 by wombat
Had problems with my attachments on the prior message. The machine in question is a lenovo t480... here is the bios dump of the second chip(the 16mb one) in triplicate as requested.  Looking to remove computrace and admin PW if possible. Thanks again! Currently have computrace blocked but without the admin PW I can't remove secure boot and boot this machine with osx86....

...Looks like I tried to upload in a .7z format before, now in .zip , hopefully, this one is successful. Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #12388 by dani981
please e mail adress to contact.

More
2 years 11 months ago #12445 by wombat

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 797 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies