computrace?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 8 months ago #975 by Kiiinglouie
computrace? was created by Kiiinglouie
does it run under ubuntu linux?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1068 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic computrace?
I have no known sources that can confirm it will run under anything other than windows, because that is what it was intended for. I have been playing with this exploit for a couple years now and am surprised to see 2015 corporate laptops have this turned on by default from Dell. I have successfully tested remote attacks on my test machines with ease.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost3DO

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1076 by Kiiinglouie
Replied by Kiiinglouie on topic computrace?

thaGH05T wrote: I have no known sources that can confirm it will run under anything other than windows, because that is what it was intended for. I have been playing with this exploit for a couple years now and am surprised to see 2015 corporate laptops have this turned on by default from Dell. I have successfully tested remote attacks on my test machines with ease.

i contacted absolute and it said it should run out the box under ubuntu that it should "call home"
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Kiiinglouie.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4163 by crousff
Replied by crousff on topic computrace?
i did not find call home on my ubuntu dell , wich has computrace activated by default

More
7 years 8 months ago #4235 by therealjayvi
Replied by therealjayvi on topic computrace?
If your BIOS has the option to sign in with multiple users then the only way to activate Computrace is to do so via the built in BIOS Administrator account. There is only one to disable Computrace once it has been activated and that is by altering the BIOS via the use of an ISP/SPI flash programmer.

Also I believe the syntax of "call home" in the previous responses does not refer to a function that says literally "call home", I believe that was probably just a loosely thrown about term used internally by whomever Kiiinglouis had spoken with to describe the functionality of Computrace connecting to their "home" servers once it has been activated.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4577 by pablopersona
Replied by pablopersona on topic computrace?

therealjayvi wrote: If your BIOS has the option to sign in with multiple users then the only way to activate Computrace is to do so via the built in BIOS Administrator account. There is only one to disable Computrace once it has been activated and that is by altering the BIOS via the use of an ISP/SPI flash programmer.

Also I believe the syntax of "call home" in the previous responses does not refer to a function that says literally "call home", I believe that was probably just a loosely thrown about term used internally by whomever Kiiinglouis had spoken with to describe the functionality of Computrace connecting to their "home" servers once it has been activated.

I have a Thinkpad X240 that has computrace activated. There isn't much documentation on the internet about bypassing these models. Do you have any suggestions?

More
7 years 7 months ago #4579 by therealjayvi
Replied by therealjayvi on topic computrace?
Pablopersona PM me with how to get in contact with you and I'll tell you how to fix your issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 11 months ago #6967 by wqill
Replied by wqill on topic computrace?
I am also looking to bypass computrace, can you help me the way you helped that guy please? thank you so much in advance.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #6975 by Ghost3DO
Replied by Ghost3DO on topic computrace?
Computrace not run in linux machines... Computrace is possible to clean. Depend model and board. If lock in ROM. Must need to reprogram the ROM via keyboard and JTAG. Suported ROM in market 4now and 4sell IT85XX ENE KB90XX Mec1609 At cheap price... For Mec1630...1633 you must have for now 25K$ :D

For x240 i think that have MEC1630 or 1633... windbond is Paired with ROM. So you need to read winbond and inject something to write and patch the ROM.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Ghost3DO.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6979 by zenelli
Replied by zenelli on topic computrace?

Ghost3DO wrote: Computrace not run in linux machines... Computrace is possible to clean. Depend model and board. If lock in ROM. Must need to reprogram the ROM via keyboard and JTAG. Suported ROM in market 4now and 4sell IT85XX ENE KB90XX Mec1609 At cheap price... For Mec1630...1633 you must have for now 25K$ :D

For x240 i think that have MEC1630 or 1633... windbond is Paired with ROM. So you need to read winbond and inject something to write and patch the ROM.

hi,
do you sell jtag programmer?

More
6 years 11 months ago #7021 by neighborhoodguy
Replied by neighborhoodguy on topic computrace?
Hi, I'd like to learn a little more about this, working with a T460s right now.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 362 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies