820-3435B MB Air- NO BOOT after EFI password clean

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #9027 by ictc
In order to remove a Macbook Air EFI password I took off the IC and got a first dump, made a copy and ovrewritten $SVS hex values with FF... Than I flashed again the EPROM with the new "cleaned" file, no errors so far. Once I soldered back the WSON8 IC and reassembled the machine, no boot at all. Fan spins black screen...
I took back the eprom and reed again its content with my MiniPro. I dicovered many differencies between the dump I have flashed and the one I have read after the failed boot attempts.
Somebody can tell me what it was wrong if I upload the 3 dumps? I mean the original one, the password cleaned and the one that resulted in boot failure.
Any prompt help will be very apprecited

File Attachment:

File Name: 820-3435B-...UMPS.zip
File Size:13,075 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ictc. Reason: mispell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #9029 by KingBonecrusher
Seems you have fully destroyed the image with you hex editor. Looks like you have pushed up everything while removing the SVS Area. To FF the area could work, but don`t delete the magic block!

MODEL:          MacBookAir6,1
SERIAL:         C02ML2xxxxxxx
ID:             MBA61
FIRMWARE:       MBA61.88Z.0099.B51.1703291635
SVS2:           [ FOUND ] OFFSET: 632050
SVS2:           [ FOUND ] OFFSET: 634050

--> ROM PATCHED!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ictc

More
6 years 4 months ago #9030 by ictc
Yes, I realized that some mess up occurred once I replaced the $SVS area... I had to use a different hex editor on windows this time and I didn't really know how to use it... You have cleaned the file for me? Thank you very much. I'll flash it and let you know how it goes.
Thank you...

p.s.
What I still not getting is why the flashed clean image read later from the IC, differs from the clean dump I used to flash it...

More
6 years 4 months ago #9032 by ictc
Did you use a script or other piece of executable code to perform the cleaning? Where I can find it?

More
6 years 4 months ago #9034 by mvd076
whats the build yeear and spec's i have a lot of dumps, what type of programmer you use voor wson8 (winbond)

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #9038 by ictc
First and foremost thank you for your willingness to actively help me in solving my issue. By now the issue have been solved with the help of KingBoneCrusher. Thanks again to everybody
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ictc.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #9039 by KingBonecrusher
I`m using my own typed scripts to clean my roms. Takes only some seconds ;-) That`s the fact why you will not find it anywhere. But there should be a perl script here which cleans the rom. This one is extremely slow, takes a lot of time!

Don`t ask, i will not publish it. There are people like vnn567 who steal others work to sell it. I`m also not interested in money ;-)

In my opinion the best hex editor for windows is HxD.

If someone needs a cleaned file PM....
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by KingBonecrusher.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 338 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies