Chipmunk EasyFlash Hirose 30 chipreader pinout

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9451 by therion
hi, been using the destroyer-lite with the provided clips but am wanting to use the chipmunk chip reader with the teensy instead, its a more snug fit and a smaller adaptor...........
adaptor is CHIPMUNK EASY FLASH HIROSE 30 A4041
I have no info for the pin out from the chipmonk!!!

Anyone have any experience or info the colors? I figure they are not universal, the 1 pin i know is 3.3V, and its orange on the chipmonk. Sadly, I wouldnt know CS, SI, SO if my life depended on it, and not willing to go through the permutations of wiring 5 to 6 wires differently to try and get a read. I'm scared i might fry the teensy ... Yeah, i know, Its a long shot!
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by therion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9454 by therion
I got some info, the colors of the cables on the JST aren't the same, i am assuming following the order of the dupont wires as listed. hope this helps anyone.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by therion. Reason: spelling error

More
6 years 2 months ago #9456 by KingBonecrusher
You could ask Harald himself.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9459 by therion
Thanks for the reply. I would ask Harald if I knew who he is!

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9462 by therion
Better yet I quote a post of yours in the past KingBonecrusher ....
"Hi!
Is that what you mean the Medusa is useless? If you can get your hands on one of these let me know. It is not free and cannot clone.
I`am using the medusa with fw: 2.1. It is a nice tool, no problems so far.
To be honest, the chipmunk adapters connected to an raspi are the best i have used so far! The physical design of the adapters is much better. I have used first rebelsimcard esay flash, later easy flash 4.02 and easy flash 4.03. Easy flash 4.02 broken 2 times because of desing problems.

First run with chipmunk a4061 + raspi = unlocked ~70 in one round..."

So you know the pinout.... Why not help? I would also like to connect to connect the chipmunk to a Pie as well. Oh and that same thread explains Harald as the designer and builder of these chips....

Why hold out, or send me on a wild goose chase trying to track Harold? The guy is more than likely waaay too busy to bother with a n00b question like this one! I felt bad enough contacting thaGhost when my destroyer shat itself, but the sketch was corrupted and I had no choice! This however is a little different, and not an unreasonable request.

More
6 years 2 months ago #9465 by KingBonecrusher
Keep calm ;-) Harald, not Harold is the creator of the chipmunk adapters. :woohoo:

1 Black -> CS
2 Red -> 3v3
3 White -> MISO
4 Yellow -> HOLD
5 Orange -> WP
6 Green -> CLK
7 Blue -> GND
8 Purple -> MOSI

Put WP/HOLD/3v3 togehter! The pi get`s only 6 cables connected! See picture attached.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: therion

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9466 by therion
sorry man, OCD coupled with anxiety!!!...

sorry again
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by therion.

More
6 years 2 months ago #9467 by KingBonecrusher
No problem ;-)

Hope the pinout helps you!

More
6 years 2 months ago #9469 by mvd076
easyflash adapters are the best when you now how the work, some times its not plug and play and you must play

More
6 years 2 months ago #9474 by therion
i think i follow, they like to be on a particular angle to get a read. I'm having rotten luck using the pie, and i fried an a1465 efi chip using the destroyer and easy-flash adapter. Keep hitting a brick wall ATM!

More
6 years 2 months ago #9475 by therion
thanks i tried but think my jst colours are reversed to yours, i followed the first 3 colors but mine are on the right, yours on the left... Im thinking i reverse the order you showed me?

Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #9483 by KingBonecrusher
Is this the original chipmunk cable? Maybe you have rev1 of the cable with other pinout. My pinout is for rev2.

More
6 years 2 months ago #9489 by therion
yeah its the original cable, I got it October 2016, still yet to manage getting even a read from it. I bought it from ebay! A Dutch seller called Casper. Tried many times to contact him..... Im going through process of elimination atm. Once i figure it all out, i might write a noob guide by a noob for noobs who keep getting NO EEPROM.....
I'm suspecting my pie-3 is the villain here. I have pamona's, easyflash's all revs and the chipmunk. None read, so swapped duponts, still no reads on all. Could i have fried the spi on the pie by miswiring the chipmonk?
could flashrom and its support software have issues with raspien stretch, or updated jessie..ill find out in time.

Appreciate your feedback KingBonecrusher

More
5 years 7 months ago #10365 by therion
The issue was efi chips got FRIED!

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
5 years 7 months ago #10370 by .::iRizwan::.
Glad you solved it.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 195 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies