Unreliable EFI dump EZflash 4.0.3 & MBP 2015

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 11 months ago #9679 by shogle
Hi, I recently purchased an easy flash tool 4.0.3 for a 2015 MBP. I'm using a CH341a programming tool to dump the BIOS. Each time i download the contents of the BIOS chip, the read results are different.

I cleaned the EZ flash tool, and the corresponding connector on the logic board with alcohol and vinegar. The unreliable downloads persist.

I had this same issue with a 2011 MBP using a SOIC8 clip. I cleaned the pins on the BIOS chip and was able to achieve consistent downloads

programming tool (CH341a) is wired to EZ flash tool as follows:

CS --> Pin1
SO --> Pin2
GND --> Pin4
SI --> Pin5
CLK --> Pin6
VCC --> Pin8

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is it possible I have incorrectly wired the EZ flash tool to the Programming tool?

Thanks!

-Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #9735 by zenelli
First get ridd of this CH341a programmer, buy raspberry

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #9812 by drgn997
I don't have a CH341A programmer but I believe the Windows software that is included with it is the problem, I had a customer wanting to unlock a Lenovo ThinkPad latest generation using a clip, the programmer will read about 3/4 of the chip contents correctly and on the last 1/4 will corrupt the data, will give different chip dumps each time, no matter how many times you try.
I remembered that FlashROM has support for many other programming interfaces and I did look for it to see if CH341A programmer was supported, it is, here's the link with software and driver (I did sent to you through a PM with the link to the other forum where I found the post with FlashROM software):.
goo.gl/Cygu5M

Regards,
Alex
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by drgn997.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 424 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies