MBP EMC 2875 bootlooping between black on screen with chime and then turning off

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
3 years 10 months ago #12053 by novalfs
Hey yall, I have a MBP 2014 model with EMC 2875 (i5 2.6ghz). I recently tried to remove the EFI lock on the macbook and ended up having the issue where the laptop would turn on for a sec and chime, then turn off. I tried to reflash the EFI several times to no avail, and dod some NVRAM (both key combination and via terminal when EFI did work) and SMC resets, but it would fail on me. Is there any way to fix this?

Here is the link to my preexisting EFI backup and the new edited one:  drive.google.com/open?id=1XlT0B8Hehx_H0tCBtCHI-oWubkz002uI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
3 years 10 months ago #12060 by .::iRizwan::.
Did you reflash your old one to check if it readed ok?
and Macbook works after reflashing Old one?

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
3 years 10 months ago #12061 by .::iRizwan::.
Anyways here is the old one unlocked.

File Attachment:

File Name: old_Unlocked.zip
File Size:4,455 KB

Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago #12064 by novalfs
Tried both the old file and the one you sent to me and after a NVRAM reset, nothing changes. Still the same issue. Could it be that the EFI file was messed up when downloading it and that I need to use an EFI file off the same model MacBook? If yes, I have one that I got off another website (this one ends up not chiming and fan spin up and CPU heats up)
Attachments:

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
More
3 years 10 months ago #12065 by .::iRizwan::.
It's mean your old one is not good.
Flash from a same model Macbook and if it works then we can Match SN etc. afterwards.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 1324 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies