What is a good SPI NOR flash programmers for this chip?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
3 years 2 months ago #12395 by usinjin
Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 MBP from a reputable recycler that I knew was activation locked. I want to do an offline read of the T2 rom to start trying to understand how it works. I am wondering if anyone has a relatively inexpensive tool to do NOR flash reads with. I have been using Rasbpi + flashrom but this chip is not compatible. It’s a 32mb 1.8v Adesto Technologies NOR spi serial flash chip. Perhaps AT25QL321. Or an EFI dump of this same chip would be great. I have the 2018 15” A1990 with the Vega20 graphics. If I can get a good image I’m also happy to share. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
3 years 1 month ago #12416 by .::iRizwan::.
You can't unlock it.
Only bypass.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee

More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #12422 by usinjin
Sorry, but that wasn't my question. I have seen the 10,000 "plz bro" questions from people unable to do their own research on how Apple's new architecture works, despite schematics floating around on the internet for years already. I am looking for a recommendation on a tool, of which several viable ones exist. That has nothing to do with unlocking a T2 chip. I am looking for a recommendation.
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by usinjin.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #12423 by usinjin
Sorry, but that wasn't my question. I have seen the 10,000 "plz bro" questions from people unable to do their own research on how Apple's new architecture works, despite schematics floating around on the internet for years already. I am looking for a recommendation on a tool, of which several viable ones exist. That has nothing to do with unlocking a T2 chip. I am looking for a recommendation.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 953 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies