[SOLVED] -- MacBook Hardware-UUID

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3176 by KingBonecrusher
Hi!

Does anybody know`s where the hardware-uuid is stored in the rom? I`ve searched, but it is not stored as text string or hex value. I know it must be stored in the bios region, because if i take another bios region from 19000 - 7fffff then the hardware-uuid is different.

Update:
I was able to change the uuid...
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by KingBonecrusher.
The topic has been locked.
  • .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
7 years 11 months ago #3363 by .::iRizwan::.
Good to know that you solve the issue.
but always try to explain when done so it help other members.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3368 by therealjayvi
@iRizwan I completely agree. @KingBonecrusher can you please explain how you were able to change the UDID? At the very least can you explain where it is located inside the bios dump?

I'm curious to know if the location is synonymous between all Mac models or if the location is specific to the exact models.

Edit: Nevermind I found the blog post related to this topic.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by therealjayvi.
More
7 years 11 months ago #3370 by thaGH05T
Hey mod, can you link others to the blog post as well.
More
7 years 11 months ago #3371 by therealjayvi
This thread has been closed due to the finality of the topic having been written out as a full-fledged article. The article can be found here on the site under Blog > Apple EFI > Change Apple MacBook Air UUID or by clicking on the following link ghostlyhaks.com/blog/apple-efi/27-change-apple-macbookair-hardware-uuid
Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 197 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies