Failed to run sudo flashrom script.. Help!!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3841 by VirtualLife
I have flashed a bios here before and it worked quite good. Anyways about a week ago i tried to do it again to another MacBook Pro 15, 2012 model and the problem was that it did not find the chip. I tried many times to check connection and it did not work. I installed a new rom from raspberry.org and followed the instructions here. Anyways when i did everything and tried running the script that reads the bios chip "sudo flashrom –r ~/efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0" and then a messages comes " Error: Extra parameter found.". I don't know what to do and this has never happened to me so please help me??

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by VirtualLife.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3842 by CygnusX1

VirtualLife wrote: I have flashed a bios here before and it worked quite good. Anyways about a week ago i tried to do it again to another MacBook Pro 15, 2012 model and the problem was that it did not find the chip. I tried many times to check connection and it did not work. I installed a new rom from raspberry.org and followed the instructions here. Anyways when i did everything and tried running the script that reads the bios chip "sudo flashrom –r ~/efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0" and then a messages comes " Error: Extra parameter found.". I don't know what to do and this has never happened to me so please help me??

Thanks!

My read command line goes like this"
flashrom -r ~/efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -c "MX25L6406E/MX25L6408E"

Be sure to change the chip type you have.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3843 by VirtualLife
I did that but now it says that it cannot read the bios if it doesnt find it automatically? What can i do now...

More
7 years 10 months ago #3848 by darknezz19
I had to plug in magsafe before it would find the chip. I don't have the battery at this time.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3849 by CygnusX1

darknezz19 wrote: I had to plug in magsafe before it would find the chip. I don't have the battery at this time.

Glad you got it working!

More
7 years 10 months ago #3855 by VirtualLife
Yes it did read it and i got a bin file but found out that it was bad file and the other two also. Seems like it read a another bios MX25 and mine is SST. I tried making read the correct bios but then it says that it cannot read the bios if it isn't found automatically..

More
7 years 10 months ago #3856 by CygnusX1
What model number is your unit?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3857 by VirtualLife
My bios chip model is SST25VFO64C and the macbook model is 820-3330-B, EMC No. 2556 / MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by VirtualLife.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3858 by CygnusX1

VirtualLife wrote: My bios chip model is SST25VFO64C and the macbook model is 820-3330-B, EMC No. 2556 / MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012)

So that is a Macbook Pro 2012. Are you using a SOIC8 clip? What programmer are you using?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3859 by VirtualLife
Yes macbook pro 2012 and yes SIOC8 Clip but always when i use it dosen't work so i soldered directly to chip the wires and it worked but the file was bad and it automatically chose different chip. I'm using Raspberry pi 2 B and rasbian system.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3860 by CygnusX1
If you have the SOIC clip you should NEVER solder. What power supply are you using? how long are the wires?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3861 by VirtualLife
Well i used wires because the clips wires are longer than 10cm, about 15 or more. I'm using Samsung 5V 2Amps power supply and the wires are about under 10cm.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3862 by CygnusX1
You really need a 5v 2.5amp power supply to make up any loss in signal. You also need a "Pomona" SOIC8 clip since they are the best on the market. I have never had an issue with my PI or components over the last year. I always get good reads. Where do you live? in the USA?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3863 by VirtualLife
I live in Finland. Can you give me the link so i can order the clip? :)

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3864 by CygnusX1
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3865 by VirtualLife
I have one question more? What do you do when there is 3 pins that go to pin 17? Do you solder those three together or what?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3866 by CygnusX1

VirtualLife wrote: I have one question more? What do you do when there is 3 pins that go to pin 17? Do you solder those three together or what?

I use a breadboard but you could use the soldering the 3 together method.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3867 by VirtualLife
I wanted to add photo here but i can't... is there a problem here in this site. :/

More
7 years 10 months ago #3868 by VirtualLife
Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #3869 by VirtualLife
Attachments:

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 616 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies