MBA EASY FLASH

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 9 months ago #793 by Kiiinglouie
Replied by Kiiinglouie on topic MBA EASY FLASH
im sure he hasnt updated that part but his database is always growing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #795 by playabeach
Replied by playabeach on topic MBA EASY FLASH
In my country there is a refrain which says one image is better tham thousand of words, for understand better can you let us see the tool, and the adapter, in this moment when I read the last post, I can know that there is the mba and adapter.

More
8 years 9 months ago #808 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic MBA EASY FLASH
I have been developing many things in my spare time which is little now days. I also have a bottleneck with funds, so the MBA Easy Flash was the most popular and fully funded. This is a small clip that will let you interface with your MBA's EFI chip with no soldering or disassembly other than removing the back panel. I have been really swamped with personal, work, and GhostlyHaks related stuff, so I am truly behind. I will work extremely hard to make any future unveiling much smoother. I have not updated thsi site in some time because I along with token.paul am working on the new GhostlyHaks site which will give a bit more of a friendly interface. The projects will stay up to date and I will be contributing weekly to a blog that will offer a video at the header. We have a few other ideas that will be revealed at go live of the new site. ecommerce will be added so no more of the emailing back and forth of details and missing communication. Please bare with me while I finish assembly of the clips and get them shipped as I have stated before I am but one man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMODSquad

More
8 years 9 months ago #813 by Kiiinglouie
Replied by Kiiinglouie on topic MBA EASY FLASH

playabeach wrote: In my country there is a refrain which says one image is better tham thousand of words, for understand better can you let us see the tool, and the adapter, in this moment when I read the last post, I can know that there is the mba and adapter.

the adapter can be seen on his youtube videos
and as far as the tool goes try searching before you jump to conclusions

More
8 years 9 months ago #828 by keyboardhn
Replied by keyboardhn on topic MBA EASY FLASH
Espero añadas seccion GSMsupport, iDevices, Android OS, Etc...

More
8 years 9 months ago #833 by thaGH05T
Even when I translated this I had no clue what you were saying. Unless its spam...

More
8 years 6 months ago #1692 by lolito
Replied by lolito on topic MBA EASY FLASH
Hello guys!! I think it's great you got this site up and running for all these topics.

I was wondering if there is any stock right now of this MBA easy flash clip for the MBA available that I could order. SOFI SP8A aobut the 140$ kit, I have not seen it yet, I guess I have missed a link here and there, so I will look for that, no worries. Anyways, let me know about the clip avilability when ever you have time, thanks again!!!!

More
8 years 6 months ago #1705 by thaGH05T
the clip is currently out of stock and you can get the pi and wires for much cheaper. i hope to have more clips soon but this is all community driven so I will be asking for donations and preorders as soon as a finalize the next design.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 6 months ago #1725 by lolito
Any news about the net batch of MBA Easy Flash clip?

Thanks a million!!

More
8 years 5 months ago #1735 by thaGH05T
Not as of yet still WIP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolito

More
8 years 5 months ago #1742 by lolito
Thanks! Looking forward for them.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2011 by baileyw813
Replied by baileyw813 on topic MBA EASY FLASH
Are you accepting donations for the next revision?

Thank you!

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2025 by .::iRizwan::.
Replied by .::iRizwan::. on topic MBA EASY FLASH
also waiting them to be announced,
i have a strange MBA A1370 which didn't match with the pinouts provided in instructions by "thaGH05T" in Pinout_2-3.txt.
PCB layout is different too.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .::iRizwan::..

More
8 years 4 months ago #2031 by henr_da
Replied by henr_da on topic MBA EASY FLASH
Hi Admin,
i got a MBA clip months ago. It works well with MBA 2012 or similar. I just got aa Early 2015 MBA (A1466 EMC 2925). The clip doesn't fit to this model any more. Have you got new clip yet ?

thanks
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #2035 by CygnusX1
Replied by CygnusX1 on topic MBA EASY FLASH
I have a A1370 I just got so did you figure out the pinouts?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2051 by CygnusX1
Replied by CygnusX1 on topic MBA EASY FLASH
I just did a A1370 with no issues with the pinouts that thaGHO5T has posted.

I had the wires connected by using the pinout diagram thaGHO5T has posted and be damn sure you have a good and flat connection to the header.

Here is my setup:

MBA Clip Pinout Configuration

Pin 1 of the chip (marked with a small dot) which is CS (Chip Select) goes to pin 24 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 2 of the chip which is MISO (Master In Slave Out) goes to pin 21 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 3 of the chip which is WP (Write Protect) goes to pin 17 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 4 of the chip which is GND (Ground) goes to pin 25 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 5 of the chip which is MOSI (Master Out Slave In) goes to pin 19 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 6 of the chip which is SCLK (Clock Speed) goes to pin 23 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 7 of the chip which is HOLD (Hold) goes to pin 17 in the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 8 of the chip which is VCC (Positive Supply Voltage) goes to pin 17 on the Raspberry Pi (3.3v)
I use a breadboard to gain more 3.3v out. I run the 3.3v from the PI to the breadboard that has a five pin header installed so I end up with extra 3.3v connections for the clip.

I use the above pinout configuration for models A1502 - A1466 - A1465 - A1425 with the switch to the left. (Pinout 1)

I use the same pinout configuration as above for models A1398 - A1369 - A1370 except I throw the switch to the right. (Pinout 2)

Some people don’t use the 3.3v for the WP and the HOLD. I use them all the time and never have any issues especially with model 1466 which requires the 3.3v on the WP and HOLD.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2052 by thaGH05T
Can you elaborate on how you did it for other members as a reference please?

More
8 years 4 months ago #2056 by henr_da
Replied by henr_da on topic MBA EASY FLASH

thaGH05T wrote: Can you elaborate on how you did it for other members as a reference please?

The header on Early 2015 MBA 13" is much smaller (half size) of 2011 MBA. So The clip does not fit any more

More
8 years 4 months ago #2065 by thaGH05T

henr_da wrote:

thaGH05T wrote: Can you elaborate on how you did it for other members as a reference please?

The header on Early 2015 MBA 13" is much smaller (half size) of 2011 MBA. So The clip does not fit any more

I should have specified who I was talking to. I meant that last message for CygnusX1. I know the header size has changed and my new clip will support all models year to date. I just have to finalize the design. I think that some Mac's have the header in the middle of the board which will cause an issue with connecting my clip. I hope to be able to overcome this issue before I release the new clip.

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2188 by .::iRizwan::.
Replied by .::iRizwan::. on topic MBA EASY FLASH
i read it using soldering directly to chip.

The method i use to program in circuit is as follows.

1. Remove the logic board from the body if possible. (to avoid short circuit etc..)
2. Attach the Charger (without battery if possible "some macs must need battery to be powered on") and power on the mac, wait atleast a minute (write protection to be disabled)
3. Now shut down the mac but let the charger attached.(Surely Powered)
4. then attach the soic clip or solder wires like i do and try to read write the chip.
5. You will be amazed. ;)

I will be very happy if this helped someone else too.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .::iRizwan::..
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolito

Who's Online

We have 187 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies