Is my MacBook Pro (2009) bricked?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 10 months ago #3699 by Arjeno
Sorry about that! Would that have worked you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3700 by ggltech

Arjeno wrote: Alright guys! I've succesfully unbricked my MacBook! :) I bought the chip from eBay containing the correct firmware, I asked if he could just send me the dump instead of the chip and he did. So I replaced the serial number and flashed it on the chip, worked like a charm! It started beeping on startup, looks like there was a faulty RAM module as well. I removed it and it works prefectly.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys! reverendalc and ggltech do you have paypal or something? I see thaGH05T you have paypal. I'd like to buy you a couple of beers or whatever your drink is.

You have tenacity .......I'm glad you got it going ! NO donation for me but Thank you .

More
7 years 10 months ago #3701 by reverendalc
I think we all offer support because we are willing to. Congrats on the repair

More
7 years 10 months ago #3719 by thaGH05T
@reverendalc without the community working together I would be so overloaded with simply just the forum posts and not have time to do much else. The time I put into the site already is pretty high. I want to thank all of you who put forth the effort to help your fellow community members. hats off to those of you who give time and knowledge for free. This ideal is why I started a community in the first place.

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies